Support for Immigrant and Refugee Students "Train the Trainers" Workshop - January 11, 2018
Duration: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
In response to the voices of teachers concerned about the stress and tensions their students have expressed about their family members' immigration status, Californians Together is offering a one-day “Train the Trainers” workshop.
The training includes:
- Grade-span (K-2, 3-5, 6-12) classroom lesson modules addressing the social, emotional and educational needs of students worried about immigration status of their families
- Interactive student-teacher scenarios
- Educator Toolkit with resources to create welcoming schools, and other legal and educational resources
- Up-to-date legal advice
- Lunch and training materials.
- Xilonin Cruz-Gonzalez, Project Director, Californians Together
- Dr. Gisela O'Brien AND Dr. Elvira Armas, Center for Equity for English Learners, Loyola Marymount University and
- Sally Kinoshita, The Immigrant Legal Resource Center
District and County Professional Development Staff, teacher leaders, English learner specialists and coordinators, Title I and Title III administrators and specialists, leadership teams from the district, county or school site.
For more information, please contact Xilonin Cruz-Gonzalez: email@example.com
Location:Los Angeles County Office of Education, ECW 606A
12830 Columbia Way
Downey, CA 90242
Event content will be offered for this/these competency level(s):N/A
LACOE does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of age, actual or perceived race, actual or perceived gender, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, or sexual orientation. LACOE complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a disability. If you are disabled and require assistance in accessing this event, please contact the LACOE Title II Coordinator at (562) 803-8297.