APPLY NOW: KidSmartz Trainer Certification Course (Cohort 2): One-Part Series (APPLICATION REQUIRED by July 10, 2019)
Duration: 7:30AM – 8:00AM Check-In; 8:00AM Training - 4:30PM
Becoma a KidSmartz Authorized Trainer! Learn to teach Personal Safety Lessons about preventing abduction to help your staff protect their youth. FREE Training, Teaching Tools, and Resources.
KidSmartz is a child safety program that educates kids and families about preventing abduction and empowers kids in grades K-5 to practice safe behaviors. The KidSmartz program offers resources to help adults protect kids by teaching and practicing 4 Rules of Personal Safety using tips, printable activities, quizzes, articles, music, videos, and more.
ONE-DAY TRAINER INSTITUTE: July 25, 2019
Registrtaion Deadline: 7/10/19, 4PM
APPLY IMMEDIATELY: Immediate, , through September 5, 2019 -OR- until slots are filled (whichever comes first)
FOR: K-6 Expanded Learning Programs - Site Coordinators and Above ONLY
Located under RESOURCES tab > L.A. COUNTY FORMS > APPLICATIONS > KidSmartz
LINK to APPLICATION:
- Have at least three (3) years of experience working at the program leadership level as a GrantManager or Program Director or at least four (4) years of experience working as a Site Coordinator.
- Have an understanding of what Youth Personal Safety is and be committed to assisting expanded learning programs and their staff to reach the next level of quality and sustainability.
- Have experience in presenting professional development to staff.
- Experience using computer technology including Email, PowerPoint, Word, and Web Browsing.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE ACCESS TO:
KidSmartz Resources and Web-based Support
- Personal Safety Lessons for Educators to teach children (grades K-5) about personal safety.
- Helpful information about abduction, common tricks, and empowering messaging for you to share with your kids.
- Additonal Resources include: tip sheets and a going out checklist to role-play and practice safety.
Lunch will be provided.
Location:Announcement ONLY - APPLY IMMEDIATELY: Immediate, by Application & Supervisor Approval, through July 5, 2019 -OR- until slots are filled (whichever comes first)
LACOE: Downey Campus
Downey, CA 90242
Intended Audience:Grants Manager Program Director Regional Manager / Supervisor Site Coordinator
Event content will be offered for this/these competency level(s):N/A
LACOE does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of age, actual or perceived race, actual or perceived gender, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, or sexual orientation. LACOE complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a disability. If you are disabled and require assistance in accessing this event, please contact the LACOE Title II Coordinator at (562) 803-8297.