Farmers Insurance Documentaries and Free Curriculum: 2018-19
At www.gofarmersed.com, Farmers Insurance has a library of documentaries designed for elementary through high school students. Subjects include: social studies, U.S. and world history, ethnic studies, government, geography, law, economics, and the arts. The DVDs are available free of charge and can be obtained at local Farmers offices. The DVDs are accompanied by a workbook and curriculum.
EL Advocacy Toolkit Order Form 2013-14
"Raise Your Voice on Behalf of English Learners: The English Learners and Common Core Advocacy Toolkit"
Californians Together views the advent of the Common Core Standards as an opportunity to strengthen the schooling of English Learners. We also recognize that any reform that increases rigor and does not address how English Learners will be supported to master that rigor can exacerbate the barriers and achievement gaps that have characterized the education of English Learners for too long.
To ensure that the Common Core Standards are implemented in a way that fully includes English Learners and that meets their unique language development and access needs, we have published "Raise Your Voices for English Learners: The English Learners and Common Core Advocacy Toolkit". This Advocacy Toolkit has prepared talking points for use by educators, policy makers, parents and community members in dialogues at the local, district and state levels - raising concerns, pushing for the supports needed to realize the Common Core for English learners, and advancing the vision of English Learner education that the Common Core can make possible.
The Toolkit includes:
- Background paper on the opportunities and challenges that the Common Core Standards present for curriculum, instruction and assessment of English Learners
- Talking points for policy makers, school site, district and count level educators to insert the needs of English Learners in Common Core Standards dialogues
- A palm card with key issues to be raised that can support the needs of ELs in any Common Core conversation
- Power point presentation to address the needs of English Learners which implementing the Common Core Standards
- A CD containing the PDFs of all the documents in the kit plus two resource articles
LIAS Guide (2013-14)
GUIDE TO IMPLEMENTING THE LEARNING IN AFTERSCHOOL & SUMMER (LIAS) LEARNING PRINCIPLES
Learning that is ACTIVE, COLLABORATIVE, MEANINGFUL, SUPPORTS MASTERY, AND EXPANDS HORIZONS.
The LIAS project has published an 118‐page guide to help programs implement activities that reflect the LIAS learning principles. It includes descriptions of each principle, ways that programs can begin, an observation rubric, example activities from exemplar programs in California, and training exercises that programs can use to introduce these principles to their staff.
This guide is available for review and purchase.
Use the below link for the LIAS guide order form.
Plan your Lights On! event with Color-Ons. FUN ACTIVITY! Color & Wear!
Make your Lights On program SIZZLE! Use Color-Ons this year! Color and Wear!
- Colorable iron-on heat transfer
- Use ANY crayon!
- Great arts & craft activity
- Long lasting message. Wear it for years!
- For every purchase you make, a donation is made to the After School Alliance
For Free Samples, Call 1-800-247-5988